- In a small saucepan, mix ginger, turmeric, sugar, honey, water, pepper and lime juice; bring to a low boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and reduce mixture by half until a syrupy consistency is reached, about 1 hour.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Remove ginger and turmeric from syrup; set aside for use in candied ginger-turmeric recipe below.
- Allow syrup to cool and thicken.
- Pour syrup into a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Suggested uses for Ginger-Tumeric Syrup:
Approximate Nutrient Analysis (2 Tablespoons of Syrup):
100 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 00 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 0 g protein