Charge In Minutes
Fast Charging Rates
Our fast charger pricing varies by island, and is based on the time of day you charge and the number of kilowatt-hours charged. View our fast charging rates
- Electric Vehicles
- Save Energy & Money
- Business Account Services
- Customer Renewable Programs
- Demand Response
- Maui Solar Water Heating Financing
About Fast Chargers
Hawaiian Electric's DC Fast Chargers can provide a typical electric vehicle with over 40 miles of additional range in just 15 minutes. Drivers who charge during the day can expect lower rates.
Here is some additional information regarding which vehicles are compatible with our chargers:
- Our charging stations support vehicles with a standard CHAdeMO or CCS port
- Our charging stations have both standard port options, but can only charge one vehicle at a time
- CHAdeMO ports are used in Japanese, Korean or Tesla (with Tesla CHAdeMO adaptor) EVs
- CCS ports are used in American, European and Korean EVs
- Most plug-in hybrid vehicles and some older EV models are not equipped to fast charge
How to Use Chargers
Using fast chargers is quick and easy. Just follow these four steps:
To ensure a smooth and safe experience with our fast chargers, we've outlined some charging etiquette tips:
- Only park in a designated charging space when you are actively charging.
- While there is no time limit for active charging, we ask that you promptly unplug and move your vehicle once your charge is finished.
- Consider wrapping up once your EV is 80% charged in order to protect the battery. Most EVs slow the charging rate once its 80% full.
- Consider charging more frequently for shorter sessions to allow more people to use the fast charger.
- Do not unplug other EVs from charging stations unless they've left a note giving permission to do so.
- Please return the plug and cord to their proper place after using them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to frequently asked questions about electric vehicles and charging.
Interested in Hawaiian Electric's efforts to electrify transportation?
Check out our Electrification of Transportation Strategic Roadmap and additional resources.