- How to Pay Your Bill
- Start, Stop or Move Service
- Understanding Your Bill
- Rates & Regulations
- Customer Newsletter
- Energy Assist Programs
Bill Payment Problems
If you have problems paying your bill, call us at (808) 548-7311 as soon as possible to make payment arrangements before your bill becomes past due.
Understanding Your Bill
You are charged for the kilowatt-hours you use. There is also a service charge to defray expenses we incur in serving you, whether or not you use any electricity. See our guide to understanding elements of your bill.
We calculate your bill by multiplying the amount of electricity you use (measured in kilowatt-hours) by the price of electricity (charge per kilowatt-hour). There is also a fixed monthly customer charge and other adjustments.
Our fuel costs are constantly changing. All increases or decreases in these costs are passed on to our customers through the energy cost adjustment clause.
Understanding some of the common causes of high electric bills can help you to manage your energy costs.
When a Bill is Estimated
We try to read your meter each month, but if for some reason we are unable to do so, then your bill will be based on an estimate of your recent average electricity usage. Please help us by ensuring that your meter is unobstructed and accessible. If there are circumstances preventing you from providing us with access to your meter, please let us know so we can make alternative arrangements with you to obtain monthly meter reads, which may include one of the following:
- We can call you on the day before we read your meter so that you know when to expect us and to make arrangements for safe and free access to your meter by unlocking gates or doors, clearing any obstructions, and/or securing your dog (if any) away from the meter.
- You can mail us your own meter reading by sending the information on cards that we send to you monthly.
- You can provide us with a photograph of the meter by attaching it to an email reminder that we send to you monthly.
- We may be able to install a different type of meter, at our cost, that will allow us to read your meter from a distance, off your property.
Please use our Contact Us Form or call us at (808) 548-7311 to let us know if meter access arrangements need to be made.
Not Paying Your Bill on Time
If you receive a disconnection notice, please call us if you cannot pay by the date printed on the disconnection notice.
Please note that if your service is discontinued for non-payment, you may be required to pay your bill before your service is restored. You may also be required to pay a service re-connection charge and a cash deposit.
We give special consideration to those customers who are elderly or with a disability, so if you need time to pay your bill, let us know. Our credit representatives can assist any customer having temporary difficulties in making arrangements for payment.