- Power Outages
- Storm Center
- Electrical Safety
- Indoor Safety
- Outdoor Safety
- Hawaiian Electric's Trouble Line: 1-855-304-1212
Many of us enjoy celebrating Independence Day and New Year's Eve with legal fireworks, however it is important to remember that power lines and utility poles can be dangerous when setting up your display.
To avoid a potentially tragic accident, remember these safety tips:
- Carefully set up and use fireworks only in areas clear of overhead power lines.
- Do not string fireworks on utility poles.
- If using a ladder, pole, or tie lines to set up fireworks, keep a 10-foot clearance from power lines. Power lines are energized and not insulated and could cause serious electrical shock, burn or electrocution.
- If an object should become entangled in an overhead power line, don't try to free it. Call Hawaiian Electric's Trouble Line at 1-855-304-1212 or call 911 in an emergency.