- Electric Vehicles
- Save Energy & Money
- Business Account Services
- Customer Renewable Programs
- Customer Incentive Programs
- Maui Solar Water Heating Financing
Customer Incentive Programs
Customers who sign up for Hawaiian Electric’s incentive programs benefit by receiving compensation for providing the utility with what is known as a grid service. This compensation is in addition to the benefits customers receive from generating and using their own electricity.
A grid service is a tool that supports the reliable and safe operation of the electric grid. By providing these tools to Hawaiian Electric’s grid operators, customers who participate in incentive programs help move Hawaii toward its clean energy goals and ensure a safe and reliable grid for everyone.
Current Customer Incentive Program Grid Services
Though there are many grid services Hawaiian Electric uses to ensure a reliable and safe grid, the following are connected to customer incentive programs.
- Fast Frequency Response - Actions needed to help stabilize system frequency immediately following a sudden loss of generation or load.
- Capacity Build - Actions that increase the amount electricity being drawn from the grid.
- Capacity Shed - Actions that decrease the amount of electricity needed to power the grid.