How to Pay Your Bill
- How to Pay Your Bill
- Understanding Your Bill
- Fraud Prevention
- Customer Newsletters
- Rates & Regulations
- Payment Assistance
Go Green with Paperless Billing
There are lots of reasons to go paperless: it's convenient, no more writing and mailing checks, it saves time and it's environmentally friendly, eliminating the need for paper, printing, and delivery. Going paperless requires setting up an online account which takes about five minutes. The next step is to request paperless billing, and then you can decide how to make payments without having to mail in a check every month.
Step 1) Sign Up for an Online Customer Service Center Account
- Locate your 12-digit account number, printed on the top, center of your electric bill.
- Go to our Online Customer Service Center registration page. If you are on the login page, click on the purple "Register for Online Access" button in the center of the page.
- Verify your account by entering the last 4 digits of your social security number. Commercial account holders must use a PIN for validation. To set one up, please call our Customer Service Center at (808) 548-7311.
- Select a User ID and Password. Then verify your contact information. At the bottom of this page, the option to choose paperless billing should be selected. By leaving this checkbox selected, you are choosing to enroll in paperless billing.
Step 2) Log In to Your Account and Turn on/Verify Paperless Billing
- If you already have established an online account or want to verify your paperless settings, log in and click on the "My Profile" tab located on the top navigation bar.
- On the next page under Bill Notification, select "Paperless bill" to your email address on file. Then click Save.
Step 3) Select Your Paperless Method of Payment
Automatic Bill Payment
With Automatic Bill Payment, your bank, savings and loan, or credit union will pay your electric bill automatically each month by deducting it from any account you choose. This service is free.
- Log in and hover over the "Billing" tab located in the middle of the top navigation bar and drill down to "Automatic Bill Pay". Click the purple "Sign Up for Automatic Bill Pay" button. As an alternative, you may print, fill out, and mail in the Automatic Bill Payment Form (PDF).
- Enter a Bank Nickname (a descriptive name to help you remember your account), the Routing Number, Account Number, Name of Account Holder, select the Account Type and hit "Add Bank".
- Next, select the bank that you added from the dropdown list, review the authorization statement, and click on the "I Agree. Start Automatic Bill Payment" button.
Please allow 2-5 business days for processing. Once processing is complete, your status on the Automatic Bill Pay page will read "Automatic Bill Payment is Set Up" and your account will display as the Active Bank.
One-Time Payment Service
We are now offering a free one-time payment service from your bank account through our Online Customer Service Center. By using one-time payment, you can pay your bill online and eliminate paper bills by receiving it electronically. This new service is free! Please allow 3 to 5 business days for payment to be posted to your account.
To make a one-time payment, please log in to our Online Customer Service Center.
Pay Bills Using Credit Card, Debit Card, Electronic Check, or other digital payment methods like PayPal and Google Pay
Hawaiian Electric partners with Paymentus, to provide an easy way to pay your electric bill using your checking, savings, or money market account, your MasterCard, Visa, Discover, AMEX, or your ATM or Debit Card (with a STAR, PULSE, or NYCE logo), PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Amazon Pay. No sign-up is necessary.
When using the PayPal app make sure to select the Bills option. How to pay your bill using the PayPal mobile app.
There are two ways you can pay:
- You can pay your electric bill online by providing your 12-digit Hawaiian Electric account number and your billing address zip code.
- Or, you may pay your electric bill by calling 1-888-826-5006. Paypal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Amazon Pay payments must be done online.
A $3.25 convenience fee and a minimum $0.01 payment will apply, with a maximum payment amount of $500 for residential customers. A $45.00 convenience fee, $0.01 minimum, and $2,500 maximum payment amount will apply for commercial customers. For a limited time, your Paymentus transaction fee is waived when you pay your electric bill through the PayPal mobile app. Please allow up to 3 business days for your account to be credited.
Please note: Hawaiian Electric does not receive any portion of the convenience fee charged for this service. The convenience fee is used to cover processing fees and transaction costs associated with handling credit and debit card information.