- Electric Vehicles
- Save Energy & Money
- Business Account Services
- Customer Renewable Programs
- Demand Response
- Maui Solar Water Heating Financing
Calculate Energy Consumption
By being aware of which appliances in your home use the most energy, you can help control your energy costs by using them more sparingly.
Here are some general guidelines:
- The biggest energy users in Hawaii are water heaters, refrigerator/freezers, air conditioners and swimming pools.
- Small appliances and electronic equipment are economical to operate.
- Most appliances manufactured before 1980 are less energy efficient.
- Check the yellow Energy Guide labels when you buy a new appliance to compare energy consumption.
For more information, call Hawaiian Electric at (808)-543-7511.
A/C Sizing Calculator
It's very important that you select the right sized unit for your home. An undersized unit will not have the ability to effectively handle the heat in your room, causing the unit to overwork and not perform optimally. On the other hand, an oversized unit can cool a room quickly, but can create a "cold and clammy" feel due to the humidity levels that aren't lowered properly. We have provided a quick and easy guide to estimating a proper-sized air conditioner to fit your needs.
Calculate Appliance Operating Cost
Understanding how much electricity an appliance uses can help you to make smart decisions about how to reduce your electricity usage and save money. Perhaps you can identify the appliances that cost you the most and shop for energy saving models, or maybe a time-of-use program where you use those high cost appliances at certain hours of the day will work for you.