Helping the Community
Throughout the year, volunteers from Hawaiian Electric participate in various events in support of our community. This usually includes events like:
- Clean Energy Fairs on Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii Island to promote energy conservation and education for keiki
- Arbor Day tree giveaways
- Grow Hawaiian Festival at Bishop Museum
- Keiki Tilapia Tournament at Kaanapali Gof Course
- Honolulu City Lights Public Workers Electric Light Parade and various other Christmas parades
- Emergency preparedness fairs
- Heart Walk
- VEX Robotics Championships and Science bowls
- and much more
Our employees also organize workdays to preserve and protect the environment. This includes the removal of invasive plants and beach clean ups as well as the restoration of ancient heiau and agricultural sites.
Since early 2020 however, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian Electric's in-person community service events have been paused and will resume when it is safe to do so.
A Look Back at Past Community Events
- Before the COVID-19 pandemic canceled most of our in-person 2020 community events, employees on Oahu participated in Honolulu Police Department's "Save Our Streets" Traffic Safety Campaign.
- View all of our 2020 community events
- Hawaiian Electric's employees, families and friends participated in the Honolulu City Lights Public Workers Electric Light Parade in 2019.
- View all of our 2019 community events