- Our Vision & Commitment
- Our History
- Our Leadership Team
- Awards & Recognition
- Power Facts
- Performance Scorecards and Metrics
- Affiliate Transactions
The relationship between Hawaiian Electric and unregulated, energy-related affiliate companies is governed by the Affiliate Transaction Requirements (ATRs) established by the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (PUC). The ATRs were established with the PUC's Decision and Order No. 35962 issued on December 19, 2018, and subsequently modified by Order No. 36112, issued on January 24, 2019, in Docket No. 2018-0065.
The ATRs address many issues related to Hawaiian Electric's interactions and transactions with Affiliates and Affiliate-Related Entities. Each year, Hawaiian Electric files a compliance plan with the PUC to explain its compliance processes with respect to the ATRs.
This webpage has been developed to notify interested parties of particular transactions between Hawaiian Electric and certain of its affiliated companies.
If you'd like more information about these rules/regulations, you can email ATR@hawaiianelectric.com.
Hawaiian Electric's Current Affiliates and Affiliate-Related Entities
- Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. (holding company)
- ASB Hawaii, Inc. (holding company)
- Pacific Current, LLC
- Alenuihaha Developments, LLC
- EverCharge Hawaii, LLC
- Hamakua Energy, LLC
- Hamakua Holdings, LLC (holding company)
- Mauo, LLC
- Upena, LLC
- Renewable Hawaii, Inc. (operationally inactive)
Current Required Notices to Non-Affiliates
Under the ATRs, if Hawaiian Electric provides any of the following to an Affiliate or Affiliate-Related Entity, it must also make the same available to Similarly Situated non-Affiliates:
- Products or services, other than Corporate Support Services (ATRs § V.B.1)
- Discounts, rebates, waivers, or special conditions (ATRs § V.B.5)
- Waiver or amendment of contract terms and conditions regarding wholesale power transactions (ATRs § V.C.1.iv)
- Discounts, rebates, fee waivers, or alternative tariff terms and conditions regarding retail Electricity-Related Services (ATRs § V.C.2.iii)
Below is a listing of all current notices:
If you serve or are proposing to serve in the same market as Hawaiian Electric's affiliates or would otherwise like email notifications regarding the above types of affiliate transactions, please sign up for email notifications.