- Start, Stop or Move Service
- Builders, Developers & Contractors
- High Voltage Work
- Power Quality
Our Continuous Service Program provides a hassle free way to continue electric service on your properties in between tenants. Learn more >
Start, Stop or Move Service
For New and Existing Customers
- Requests to start or move service require one business day advance notice and $20 service establishment fee. If electric service is off, meter reconnection may occur anytime between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on the requested service date*.
- If no service connection exists, or if a new meter socket will be required, refer to the "Additional Electrical Services" section below.
- The Rules and Rates as set by the Public Utilities Commission provide the terms and conditions for your electric service agreement.
- If you require additional time or assistance to pay your bill, please view our payment assistance page to see available options.
- To stop service, you may notify the company up to 30 days in advance to request that your service be disconnected. See below for additional information regarding Stop Service.
* For emergency situations, same-day meter reconnection may be requested pending advance Company approval, resource availability and additional fee of $25.
Stop Service pertains to the billing and accounting aspect of your service with the Company, and can be requested by logging into your Online Customer Account. If the request requires the meter to be physically removed (such as in the demolition of a structure), then a service request will be needed to "Remove Service". Please visit our Builders, Developers, and Contractors page to submit an application for a service request.
- Please submit request one business day in advance stop service. Power may be physically disconnected anytime between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on the requested stop date (or any day thereafter); you will be billed for energy use through your requested stop date.
- Important things you should know:
- A returned check charge of $25 shows up on your bill whenever payment for any electric company service is rejected by the financial institution.
- A service establishment charge of $20 is required to start or reconnect electric service to any customer. For emergency situations, same-day meter reconnection may be requested pending advance Company approval, resource availability and additional fee of $25.
Life Support & Emergency Equipment
Let us know if you or anyone living in your home is dependent on life support or emergency equipment so that we can address this for planned maintenance outages. However, because unplanned outages can and do occur, it is important for customers on life support to make alternate plans should the power go out at their homes.
Additional Electrical Services
For residential and business customers who require additional electrical services, please view our Builders, Developers & Contractors page. You can also view our frequently asked questions for new installations for more information.
Additional Services Include:
- Installation of a new electrical service to a facility
- Upgrade of existing electrical service to a facility (up to 400 amps for residential requests)
- Temporary electrical service to a facility
- Removal of existing electrical service to a facility
- Relocation of existing electrical service to a facility