- Trim watercress stem ends; wash.
- Place in skillet, add water and cover; bring to a boil.
- Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly; cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
- Put sesame seed, sugar, soy sauce and miso into blender; blend until smooth.
- Place tofu in cloth and squeeze to remove water; add tofu to blended mixture and continue to blend.
- Combine tofu mixture with watercress, mixing well; chill.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seed.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 20 ounce block firm tofu):
180 calories, 10 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 17 g protein.