- Press garlic through a garlic press.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, yogurt, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; fold in cucumber.
- Refrigerate at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with crackers or pita bread.
- This sauce is an excellent dressing as well.
- It may be used on any white fish, broiled lamb, pork, vegetables, most sandwiches made with pita bread and dolmathes (stuffed grapevine leaves).
Makes about 2 /12 cups.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per 2 tablespoon serving (not including salt to taste):
30 calories, 2 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber,1 g sugar, 1 g protein