- In multicooker on sauté setting, heat oil and sear spareribs until brown.
- Add shoyu, sugar, apple cider vinegar and ginger.
- Strain juice from can of pineapple chunks and add juice only.
- Cover multicooker lid, set pressure to high and cook for 30 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally, about 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir spareribs with sauce.
- Add pineapple chunks and carrots to pot.
- Cover lid, set pressure to high and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally and carefully remove lid.
Tip: When closing the lid to your multicooker, make sure that it is in the locked position before starting the pressure cooking.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
600 calories, 39 g fat, 12 g saturated fat, 125 mg cholesterol, 1600 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g sugar, 28 g protein