Rice Soup with Sweet Potato Leaves
Demonstrated by: Chef Jason Kina of Ihilani Resort and Spa.
Okinawan Recipes on August 15, 1999.
1 1/2 cups rice
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 lb lean pork, diced
2 1/2 quarts dashi (soup stock)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 lb sweet potato leaves, rinsed
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a rice cooker saucepan, wash rice; add the 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cook rice.
- In a saucepot, combine pork, dashi, and soy sauce; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and add cooked rice and potato leaves.
- Stirring occasionally, simmer for 45 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings.