5 out of 5 stars
Demonstrated by: Letitia Fujieki, HECO Employee.
Ez Treats for Christmas Gift Giving on December 1, 2001.
Try this delicious recipe from the Electric Kitchen!
- 8 pkg (12 oz size) pitted prunes
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons li hing (Chinese seasoning) powder
- 2 tablespoons Hawaiian salt
- 1 tablespoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- 8 cloves star anise
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh ginger root or 1 lb sweet crunchy red ginger (optional)
- In a large container, combine all ingredients except red ginger if used.
- Let stand for 2 to 4 days, mixing at least twice a day.
- Add red ginger when ready to serve.
Makes 4 quarts.
Apricots may be substituted for part of the prunes.
Leave a review
Awesome recipe we enjoyed it
by Roy Mariani