- Combine all ingredients in pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid in place and bring to high pressure.
- Lower heat just enough to maintain high pressure and cook for 4 minutes.
- Quick release to reduce the pressure.
- Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow any excess steam to escape.
- If the beet slices are not quite tender, replace the lid and allow them to steam in the residual heat for another minute to two.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: For stove top cooking, simmer over medium heat in a medium pot for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (includes optional onion and 1/8 tsp salt):
110 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g sugar, 3 g protein