- Grease a 5-cup microwave tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, except cornstarch.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan; cover with plastic wrap.
- Rotating pan several times during cooking, microwave on medium high power for 10 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes.
- Pull mochi from sides of pan and turn out onto a board dusted with cornstarch.
- Cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Coat each piece with cornstarch.
Makes 36 pieces or 18 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per piece:
80 calories, 2.5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 1 g protein