- Place beef in 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, olive oil and garlic.
- Crumble a handful of bay leaves into small pieces and add to butter mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over beef, cover and marinate several hours.
- Heat a charcoal grill to white-ash stage or place a gas grill on high.
- Thread beef chunks on 6 skewers, placing whole bay leaves between every couple of beef chunks.
- Grill kebabs, turning to evenly brown each side, about 4-6 minutes for medium rare.
Tip: When using bamboo skewers, soak them first in water before use so they don’t burn while cooking.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (and not including salt to taste):
330 calories, 23 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 110 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 32 g protein