- Drain tofu and blot dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Slice into about 1/4-inch pieces.
- Wash lemongrass, chop bulbs and remaining stalk that are tender.
- Place chopped lemongrass in mortar and pestle and continue to crush pieces till they are small and pulverized.
- Add garlic in mortar and crush garlic together with lemongrass.
- In large plastic bag, combine crushed lemongrass, garlic, vegetable oil, soy sauce, salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Mix the marinade well; add tofu in bag.
- Lay tofu slices in gently on top of each other so they don't break.
- Make sure all marinade coats each slice of tofu.
- Let marinate for at least 1 hour or until all tofu slices soak up the marinade.
- In a sauté pan, fry slices of tofu until both sides are golden brown with a nice firm crust.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
260 calories, 23 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, greater than 1500 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 10 g protein