- Preheat electric oven to 350°F.
- With electric mixer on medium speed cream butter and sugar, mix for 1-2 minutes until combines.
- Add eggs, one at a time until everything is incorporated.
- Add 2 cups of the flour, baking powder and cinnamon to the butter mixture slowly to make sure everything is mixed in well.
- Remove batter from the mixer and add remaining flour.
- Mix the flour into the dough mixture by hand until the dough is pliable.
- Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll the dough into 4-inch long pieces; bend the dough in the center and twist.
- Line pan with the koulourakia,brush tops with melted butter, and sprinkle with extra cinnamon and sugar for garnish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 16 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
260 calories, 13 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 4 g protein