- Rinse kim chee and soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain; cut into small pieces.
- Squeeze out liquid.
- In a saucepot, combine kim chee, pork, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and chili pepper rings.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and drain clams; add clams and miso to soup and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Makes 10 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
300 calories, 27 g fat, nine g saturated fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 1000 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 9 g protein