- Cut four 1/2-inch-thick rounds from pineapple; set aside.
- Cut remaining pineapple into large chunks, discarding core.
- In a food processor, combine pineapple chunks, green onions, habanero pepper, thyme, garlic, allspice, and ginger, pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of marinade.
- Season pork with salt and pepper; place in glass baking dish pineapple rounds.
- Top with remaining marinade; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high.
- Place pork into skillet and pan fry until cooked through, about 10 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove pork, add remaining oil to skillet and cook pineapple rounds until browned, 5 to 7 minutes, flipping once.
- Warm reserved marinade and serve with pork and pineapple.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
400 calories, 18 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 85 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g sugar, 28 g protein