- In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and garlic; set aside.
- Line a loaf pan or a medium bowl with a dampened cheesecloth (the cheesecloth should be large enough to line the pan or the bowl and fold over the top after all the ingredients are layered).
- Line with a layer of provolone cheese.
- Spread half of the pesto over the provolone cheese, the spread half of the cream cheese mixture on top of the pesto.
- Sprinkle half of the sun dried tomatoes over the pesto.
- Place another layer of provolone over the pesto and repeat the process.
- Finish with a layer of provolone cheese which will serve as bottom of the torte.
- Pull cheesecloth over the top of the torte, being sure it is completely covered.
- Lightly press down to mold and remove excess oil.
- Refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, remove cheesecloth and turn the torte upside down onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with bread, crackers, or pita bread.
Makes 32 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including bread or cracker):
120 calories, 11 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 5 g protein