- Place avocado into a medium bowl.
- Add basil and pepper.
- Mash together with a fork.
- Spread a layer onto each toast, place one of each plate.
- Put tomatoes cut-side-down onto the avocado toast.
- There may not be space for all the tomatoes, depending on how large the bread is.
- Divide shredded mozzarella between each toast and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves, if desired.
- If you prefer the cheese melted, placed under the broiler for 1-2 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Variations: Substitute the tomatoes, cheese and balsamic vinegar with other ingredients such as corn, lime and jalapeno for a Mexican flavor or sliced cucumbers and sesame seeds for an Asian flavor.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
200 calories, 7 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol,250 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 9 g protein