- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake potatoes for about 1 hour or in the microwave oven on high power for 7-10 minutes, until tender.
- Cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, green onions, bell pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper, and salt.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender and the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and milk.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium-low and add egg mixture.
- As the mixture begins to set, push the ends slightly toward the center, allowing liquid to run to the edges of skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Allow to cook for 8-9 minutes, or until the eggs are set, then slide the frittata out of the pan and onto a serving plate.
- Cut into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Mushrooms are very porous and will get water logged very easily, so you want to keep them as dry as possible. If they are pretty clean, you may choose to not wash them or wipe off excess dirt using a pastry brush or dry paper towel. If they are dirty, you may use a paring knife or moistened paper towel to clean. Avoid using running water, if possible, to preserve the integrity of the mushrooms texture and color.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
260 calories, 8 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 140 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 13 g protein