- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread.
- On two slices of bread evenly sprinkle half of both cheeses on the inside of each slice.
- Top with gyro meat, onion, tomato, remaining cheese, and cover each sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Add sandwiches to pan and grill until golden brown and cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with homemade or store-bought tzatziki sauce on the side.
Makes 4 half sandwiches.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including optional Tzatziki sauce):
400 calories, 20 g fat, 11 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 26 g protein