- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush onion, bell pepper, and eggplant with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear; remove from pan and set aside.
- Add eggplant to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear; remove from pan and set aside.
- Coarsely chop cooked vegetables.
- Combine vegetables, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste; toss to combine.
- Spread 1/4 cup hummus over each flatbread, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges.
- Divide vegetables over each flatbread; top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese and optional avocado.
- Roll up wraps, and cut diagonally in half.
- Serve right away or store in refrigerator.
- If refrigerating, leave out avocados as they will brown.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (assume an 85 gram piece of flatbread per serving):
600 calories, 31 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 900 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 70 g sugar, 17 g protein