- In a small bowl, combine dung mein fun, tapioca flour and salt; set aside.
- Place water into a small pot and bring to a boil and add oil.
- Remove pot from the heat and stir in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until all white powder lumps are incorporated.
- Cover mixture and let sit for 15 minutes until cool.
- Remove the dough from the pot.
- With oiled hands, knead for 15 minutes.
- Pinch off 1 1/2-inch sized clumps of dough and squeeze into balls (about 15 balls).
- Brush working surface and rolling pin with oil and roll each ball into a thin circle about 3-31/2inches in diameter.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of filling into the center and bring the edges together to form a half moon-crescent shape.
- Pinch and crimp the edges to seal.
- Grease the steamer rack with vegetable or peanut oil and overlap gok jai in one layer on the rack.
- Lightly brush gok jai with oil and steam for 20 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Makes 15 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
150 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 6 g protein