- Oil ti leaves and sides of a 7 1/2 x 3-inch round pan.
- Line pan with leaves.
- Dissolve brick sugar and raw sugar in hot water; cool.
- Gradually add mochiko, stirring to make a thin batter; stir in salad oil.
- Pour into prepared pan and steam 4 hours or cook in pressure cooker for 2-1/2 hours.
- Garnish center of pudding with dried red date and sprinkle top with sesame seed.
Makes 24 servings.
To cook in microwave oven:
- Pour batter into a greased 8-cup microwave tube pan.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on medium-high power for 18 to 24 minutes, rotating pan several times during cooking.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Let stand uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Pull pudding from sides of pan and turn out onto a platter.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
180 calories, 2.5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 22 g sugar, 1 g protein