- Place corn kernels in a saucepot.
- Cover with water, add lid and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Drain kernels and place in a food processor, reserving 1/2 cup kernels.
- Save the simmered water.
- Process kernels a few seconds until medium smooth.
- Add simmered water, a tablespoon at a time to achieve a silky texture.
- Place processed corn into a lightly greased cast iron skillet.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Fold in the butter, thyme, parsley or basil, reserved corn kernels and grape tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in optional proteins.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste or optional proteins):
250 calories, 11 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 6 g protein