- In a saucepan, saute onions in butter until lightly browned.
- Add bouillon, lower heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place slices of bread on a baking sheet and dry in electric oven at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 6 individual serving casseroles.
- Top each with a slice of bread, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, and 4 tablespoons of Swiss cheese.
- Broil 3 inches from unit in electric oven until cheese melts and is bubbly.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
550 calories, 22 g fat, 12 g saturated fat, 55 mg cholesterol, greater than 1500 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 24 g protein