- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a heavy skillet heat sugar over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is caramelized.
- Quickly pour into a deep 10-inch pie plate, tilt to evenly coat bottom of plate.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add eggs, one a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place plate in a large baking pan.
- Pour boiling water into pan to the depth of 1 inch.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Loosen edges with a knife; invert onto a serving dish.
- Cut into serving pieces; spoon syrup on each serving.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 8 servings):
440 calories, 21 g fat, 12 g saturated fat, 195 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 50 g sugar, 13 g protein