- Preheat electric oven to 375°F.
- Brush eggplant rounds with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and brown eggplant.
- Remove eggplant and place on paper towel to drain; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in same large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and brown completely; drain the excess fat and liquid from the pan.
- Add the spices and tomatoes to the meat mixture.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Spray a 13" by 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and layer meat mixture first, then eggplant and top with parmesan.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, eggs and cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over casserole.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Allow moussaka to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 16 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
160 calories, 11 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 80 mg cholesterol, greater than 150 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 10 g protein