- Put turnips, water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt into a large bowl; chill for 1 hour.
- Rinse and drain turnips well; squeeze to remove all liquid.
- Preheat electric oven to 375°F grease a baking sheet.
- Combine turnips, pork, shrimp, green onions, sugar, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Separate dinner rolls.
- On a lightly floured board, roll each into a 4-inch circle.
- Put 1/4 cup turnip mixture in the center of the dough and pull dough up and around the filling.
- Pinch to seal seams.
- Place dough, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Brush rolls with beaten egg; bake for 10 to 5 more minutes.
Makes 12 pastries.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
120 calories, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 7 g protein