- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice tops of tomatoes (reserve) and scoop out flesh being careful not to puncture skin; reserve in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the inside of each tomato with one teaspoon of sugar.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and scoop out flesh.
- Add tomato and zucchini flesh to a food processor and pulse till you have a chunky liquid consistency.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium high, brown beef about 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add olive oil, onion, and garlic.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add parsley, rice, half the tomato zucchini puree, tomato paste, and tomato sauce.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Allow the sauce to simmer and reduce.
- Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a rectangular pan.
- Assemble tomatoes and zucchini in the pan, using the potato wedges to keep them upright.
- Stuff the vegetables about 3/4 full and top with breadcrumbs.
- Place a pat of butter on each stuffed vegetable.
- Pour the remaining puree into bottom of the pan and season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender.
Makes 8 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including drizzled oil or salt to taste):
550 calories, 28 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 22 g sugar, 18 g protein