- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Rinse corned beef and place in a pot large enough to submerge beef completely in water.
- Add water and seasoning packet.
- Simmer in water for 3 hours.
- Remove meat from pot.
- Strain seasoning from liquid; reserve liquid.
- Chill meat so that it will be easier to cut.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange meat in a small disposable foil pan with 4 cups of reserved liquid and coconut milk; bake for 1 hour.
- In a large pot, bring stock, onion and garlic to a boil; add taro leaves, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes; drain; add coconut milk; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend in a blender until smooth.
- Steam together potatoes and taro until very tender.
- Drain well and mash together until well mixed.
- Season to desired taste with salt and pepper.
- Smash mixture into a shallow pan and freeze just until mixture is slightly frozen.
- Cut into desired size and shape into patties.
- Dip patties in the eggs, then in panko, and fry until brown.
- Serve corned beef with sauce and croquettes.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
800 calories, 57 g fat, 25 g saturated fat, 225 mg cholesterol, 2500 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 39 g protein