- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth.
- One at a time, beat in the eggs.
- Mix in the almond extract.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Mix in the cranberries and pistachios.
- On a floured surface, divide the dough in half and shape into two 10-by-2-inch logs.
- Sprinkle flour on hands to prevent dough from sticking.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until just golden around the edges and firm to the touch, about 22 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300°F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake until dry and crisp, 15 to 18 minutes per side.
- Keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Makes 36 cookies.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per cookie:
100 calories, 3.5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 2 g protein