- Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat.
- Add ginger, wait 30 seconds and then add in garlic.
- Right before garlic turns golden, add in cooked rice and turn heat to high.
- Stir fry rice for 3 minutes until combined with ginger and garlic.
- Add in white pepper, fish sauce and shoyu to rice.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir-fry to combine.
- Spread rice out into an even layer along surface of wok.
- Pour beaten egg evenly over rice.
- Stir rice until egg is cooked.
- Spread rice out evenly again in wok.
- Add crab; stir for 3 minutes.
- Add in green onions, Chinese parsley, a squeeze of lime, and chili oil.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Consider the source of your crab meat for recipes. Canned crab meat is better for dips and fillings where responsibly sourced fresh or frozen lump meat should be used in recipes where its flavor will be most important.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per cup serving (not including salt or chili oil to taste):
450 calories, 17 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 125 mg cholesterol, greater than 1400 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 15 g protein