- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat; sauté onion until translucent.
- Add coleslaw mix and sauté until mixture is wilted; stir in optional sauerkraut or kim chee.
- Stir in corned beef, salt and pepper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry sheet.
- Cut 9 (2 3/4-inch) squares from each sheet.
- Transfer half of squares onto baking sheets.
- Fill center of each square with 1 rounded tablespoon of corned beef mixture.
- Moisten edges with water.
- Take another square, stretch it slightly, then place on top of the filling to cover (like a ravioli).
- Use a fork to press edges together and seal.
- Repeat for all squares.
- Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and mustard; serve as a dip with turnovers.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per Turnover:
370 calories, 28 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 8 g protein