- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, flour, cocoa, baking powder and butter together in large bowl.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until when inserting a toothpick into the brownies comes out clean.
- Let cool completely for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cut brownies into triangles (about 21 pieces).
- Beat together butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla and water.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add 5 drops of food coloring or adjust to your desired.
- Decorate brownies when completely cooled.
- To frost, cut a tiny hole in the corner of a zipper-style bag.
- Spoon frosting into bag and use this to make piping for the brownies!
- Stick peppermint sticks approximately 1 inch into the bottom of the tree.
Makes 21 brownies.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per brownie (assumes 21 peppermint sticks):
230 calories, 12 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g sugar, 2 g protein