- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add flour mixture and beat just until blended.
- Stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Form dough into a 13-inch long, 3-inch wide log on baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place log on cutting board.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange biscotti, cut side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake biscotti until they are pale golden, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- Stir chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until chocolate melts.
- Dip half of the biscotti into melted chocolate.
- Shake off excess chocolate.
- Place biscotti on baking sheet for chocolate to set.
- Sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container up to 4 days, or wrap them in foil and freeze in resealable plastic bags up to 3 weeks.
TIP: Itʻs really easy to make your own colored sugar crystals. Just put 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Add a few drops of food coloring (adjust food coloring according to desired color). Seal bag and knead gently until color is evenly distributed. Spread sugar in a thin layer on a baking sheet, breaking up any lumps. Dry thoroughly, about 15-20 minutes. Sift if needed.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 20 servings):
250 calories, 13 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g sugar, 4 g protein