- Using a meat mallet, pound chicken to flatten a bit.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place on a platter.
- Sprinkle with sage, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Massage in seasoning to distribute, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours or longer.
- Heat a wide skillet over medium heat; add 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add sage leaves and let them crisp for about 30 seconds.
- Remove and drain.
- Brown chicken breasts in oil for about 2 minutes per side; transfer to a baking dish large enough to fit them in one layer.
- Top each piece with 2 sage leaves, a slice of prosciutto and a slice of Provolone.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with remaining sage leaves.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including olive oil added for marinade nor salt to taste):
280 calories, 15 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 34 g protein