- Slice cabbage coarsely; add to blender.
- Add water to cover cabbage.
- Cover and blend on high for 2 seconds.
- Drain and repeat until all cabbage is shredded.
- Squeeze cabbage to remove moisture.
- Blanch, rinse, and finely chop chives.
- Combine cabbage, chives, chicken, minced ginger, salt, soy sauce, and sesame oil; mix well.
- Put 1 tablespoon of filling in center of each pi.
- Fold wrapper in half and seal edges.
- Bring water to a boil, add dumplings and cook 5 minutes.
- Rinse dumplings under cold water to prevent from sticking together.
- Serve with soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including soy sauce to taste):
350 calories, 10 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 80 mg cholesterol, Greater than 1100 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 26 g protein