- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray in a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk coconut milk and water.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Using a hand mixer, slowly add dry ingredients a little bit at a time to wet ingredients, and mix until well blended.
- Add couple drops of food coloring to the batter, and mix well, until desired color is achieved.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Cover pan with foil, sealing it completely.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- The edges may appear slightly hard and over-baked, while the center of the dish will appear moist.
- Remove foil and cool completely.
- Dust a clean flat surface with potato starch.
- Using a plastic knife, cut edges away from pan.
- Turn baking dish of mochi out onto surface.
- Use a metal spatula, if necessary, to scrape the mochi out of dish.
- Cut mochi into small bite-sized cubes using a plastic knife.
- Roll mochi in potato starch, and dust off excess before serving.
- Keeps for 1 day in an airtight container in a cool location.
- Store in refrigerator for 3-5 days; microwave for 10 seconds to soften.
Makes 80 bite-size mochi.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per mochi bite-size mochi:
50 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 1 g protein