- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or spring-loaded scoop, drop 3-tablespoon sized balls of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for about 14-15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned, rotating baking sheets halfway through.
- Let the cookies cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
270 calories, 12 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g sugar, 4 g protein