- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are very soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cauliflower and kale and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until soft, stirring constantly.
- Add the water and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until cauliflower is very soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Set the pot aside and let the soup cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In small batches, whirl soup in a blender until very smooth, at least 3 minutes per batch.
- Stir together all the blended soup and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with fresh thyme.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
150 calories, 7 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 4 g protein