- In a large pot, add water, potatoes, sausage, and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove sausage and slice; set aside.
- Mash potatoes in the liquid.
- Add salt, pepper, kale, and sausage.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 6 servings):
400 calories, 17 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 40 mg cholesterol, greater than 1400 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 13 g protein
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 8 servings):
300 calories, 13 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, greater than 1000 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 10 g protein