- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Peel potatoes and halve lengthwise; slice crosswise 1/2-inch thick.
- On a baking sheet, toss potatoes with olive oil; season with sea salt.
- Transfer half the potatoes to a second baking sheet.
- Cook both sheets until potatoes are tender, tossing occasionally, 25-30 minutes.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, pecans, and cayenne pepper, divide evenly, and sprinkle on potatoes.
- Bake until sugar is caramelized and hard, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
250 calories, 10 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 4 g protein