- Bring water to boil in large pot, add salt and chili water.
- Place whole fruit into the pot and let it boil until tender when pricked with a knife, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel and core the fruit.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into thin pieces.
- Brush with coconut oil and toss with spices.
- Spread pieces in one layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake chips at 375°F until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Let cool and serve.
Makes 5 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
350 calories, 14 g fat, 11 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, greater than 800 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 23 g sugar, 3 g protein