- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Divide mahi mahi into two equal portions; set aside.
- Lay out two sheets of aluminum foil, each about 12-14 inches long.
- In the middle of each sheet, place a large handful of baby spinach leaves.
- Place one fish fillet on each bed of spinach.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place a few slices of onion over the top of each fillet and scatter the cherry tomatoes on and around the fish.
- Place two sprigs of thyme over top.
- Squeeze lemon and drizzle olive oil over fish.
- Fold the sides of the foil inwards, then fold the top and bottom pinching the edges closed to form individual packets.
- Place packets on a baking sheet; bake for 18 -22 minutes, until the fish is opaque.
- Carefully open the packets to avoid the steam and spilling the juices.
- Transfer to a plate and spoon some of the juices over top.
Makes 2 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 1 tablespoon drizzled oil but not including salt to taste):
350 calories, 10 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 100 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 51 g protein